Add your BankVic Visa card to your compatible Samsung device to pay anywhere contactless payments are accepted
Pay on the go using your Samsung Galaxy Watch, to make payments quickly and securely without carrying your smartphone
Pay with confidence knowing every purchase has extra protection requiring either fingerprint or PIN authentication.
From the Home Screen, touch Apps then Samsung Pay.
Touch INSTALL to download the necessary files and updates
Touch OPEN to start using Samsung Pay
Swipe up to launch Samsung Pay
Select your preferred BankVic card and switch to eftpos or Visa network
Use your finger or PIN to authorise the payment
Frequenty Asked Questions
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service which is designed to make purchases almost everywhere.5
It enables the use of BankVic’s Visa cards from participating merchants. To help make mobile payments more accessible to merchants and customers, Samsung has included Near Field Communication (NFC)*, Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST)†, and MoBeam technologies.
What are Samsung Pay’s Main Features?
Samsung Pay enables users to make in-store contactless payments using a compatible Samsung device. Samsung Pay’s main feature is its NFC payments capability.
How does Samsung Pay Work?
Samsung Pay uses Near Field Communication (NFC) to make contactless mobile payments. NFC helps enable compatible Samsung devices* to make secure transactions.
Which devices would support Samsung Pay?
Visit www.samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay/#compatibility for full list of eligible devices.Samsung.
What BankVic cards have digital wallet capability?
Prior to adding your BankVic Visa card into your Samsung Pay, you must make sure that your BankVic Visa card is enabled with a digital wallet. Here’s the list of BankVic cards with digital wallet capability:
- Everyday Visa debit card
- Silver Visa credit card
- Silver FHB Visa credit card
- Gold Visa credit card
- BankVic Qantas Visa credit card
- Salary Packaging Cards (Meals & Entertainment, Everyday Expenses Card)
Note for Salary Packaging cards, your cards will only accept transactions permitted for your card/s. Transaction restriction extends to the digital wallet.
- From the Home Screen, touch Apps.
- Tap Samsung Pay.
- Touch INSTALL to download the necessary files.
- If there are updates to the built-in-application, touch INSTALL
- Touch OPEN to start using Samsung Pay
Samsung Galaxy Watch
If you are using a compatible Samsung device:
- Launch Samsung Galaxy wearable app
- Tap on Open Samsung Pay from “info” tab on Samsung Pay from “Settings” tab.
- If you can’t locate Samsung Galaxy wearable app in your device, please install Galaxy wearable app from Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps.
If you are using a non-Samsung device:
- Please install Samsung Galaxy wearable app from Google Play Store
- Launch Samsung Galaxy wearable app.
- Tap on Open Samsung Pay from “Info” tab on Samsung Pay from “Settings” tab.
Why am I unable to complete the verification process in my device?
To complete verification process, BankVic sends a one-time password to your BankVic registered mobile number. You need to call our Contact Centre in order to update your mobile number in our records.
How do I use Samsung Pay to pay?
Hold your Samsung device near the contactless payment terminal.
Can I use Samsung Pay overseas?
Due to Samsung's advance proprietary technology Magnetic Secure Transaction (MST), Samsung Pay can be used almost everywhere around the globe. Please check your card issuer’s policies for transactions in foreign countries. If you can use your physical card in the country you are travelling to, you should be able to use Samsung Pay to make a payment.
Which Samsung devices support eftpos and Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay with eftpos is available on a range of devices – you can find the full list right here.
How do I change my default payment method to eftpos options in Samsung Pay?
Open Samsung Pay, select your card, then select eftpos. If eftpos isn’t coming up as an option, you’ll need to remove your card and re-add it. Here’s what to do:
- Open Samsung Pay
- Tap Menu, then tap ‘Cards’
- Select the card you want to remove and tap ‘Delete Card’
- Enter your Samsung Pay PIN
- Tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the prompts.
- Once you’ve re-added your card, the eftpos network will be available and you can pick eftpos from the Payment Methods.
Why should I use Samsung Pay instead of my plastic card?
Samsung Pay offers a simple and convenient payment experience that doesn’t require searching through your wallet or purse. . Your credit or debit card number will never be saved on your device. When you make a payment with Samsung Pay, only a token and a cryptogram that is only valid for that particular payment are transmitted to the card reader.
Click on links below for more information.