Salary packaging is a great way to use your pre-tax income to buy a range of everyday items. This is an Australian Tax Office approved way for eligible employees of Not-For-Profit organisations (NFP) and Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI) who are entitled to salary packaging benefits, to save on tax, lower their taxable income and increase their take-home pay.
BankVic offers a choice of two types of salary packaging cards that allow eligible cardholders to access their nominated pre-tax income:
- BankVic Everyday Expenses Card
- BankVic Meals and Entertainment Card / Entertainment Benefit Card
Both cards can be used at eligible businesses who accept Visa and can also earn Qantas Points on eligible purchases1. The Everyday Expenses Card is designed to be used for everyday expenses such as petrol, clothing, school fees and even weekly groceries. The Meals and Entertainment Card is designed to be used when dining out with family friends or when travelling in Australia or overseas.
Each card has different spending criteria which is in line with the relevant tax ruling associated to the card.
We're here to help
For any queries or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us directly on 1300 796 902 (8am-7pm, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, Saturday) or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before proceeding with an application for BackVic Salary Packaging, we recommend reading our Salary Packaging Card Terms & Conditions.
BankVic Salary Packaging Cards offer:
- The option of a free additional card for your partner or family member
- Cardholders earn Qantas Points on eligible purchases1
- Ability to view transactions, balance and eStatements online
- Management of your Salary Packaging Card and account via the BankVic App
- Tap and pay with PayWave, Apple Pay and Google Pay2
(1) You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program to earn Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. However, complimentary membership is available from BankVic if you join at https://www.qantaspoints.com/join-now?code=BANKVIC. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. BankVic salary packaging cardholders earn 5 Qantas Points per transaction for eligible purchases over $20, credited to the primary cardholder’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Eligible purchases include all transactions made using the BankVic Salary Packaging Card except for excluded transactions listed in the BankVic Qantas Rewards Program terms and conditions.
(2) Apple, the Apple App Store, iPhone, Siri and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Pay and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
My card is lost or stolen
You can place a temporary lock or report a card as lost or stolen via the Card Management options within the BankVic App.
Alternatively, you may also report your card as lost or stolen by contacting BankVic on 1300 796 902 (8am-7pm, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, Saturday).
What is the annual spend cap ?
The annual cap benefit is legislated by the Australian Tax Office
- Meals & Entertainment: $2,649.99 p.a.
- Everyday Expenses: $9,009.96 p.a.
How to add or remove a cardholder
Speak to your Salary Packaging Team to add or remove an additional salary packaging cardholder.
Earning Qantas Frequent Flyer Points
When you apply and are approved for a BankVic Salary Packaging Card you are eligible to receive complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership (usually $99.50).
Can the additional cardholder also earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points?
An additional salary packaging cardholder can earn Qantas Points however the points will be credited to the primary cardholder’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Note: The Qantas Frequent Flyer membership must be in the same name as the primary cardholder.
Do I contact BankVic or my Salary Packaging Team?
Contact BankVic on 1300 796 902 (8am-7pm, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, Saturday) for the following enquiries:
- General account and transaction information
- Lost or stolen and replacements cards
- Fraudulent and disputed transactions
- Providing your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number
- Enquiries about other BankVic products and services
Contact your Salary Packaging Team for other enquires about Salary Packaging, including:
- Discussing tax positions, salary sacrificing or the Fringe Benefits Tax
- Eligible and ineligible transactions
- Changes to salary packaging arrangements and salary cap benefits
We recommend that you read the following documents: