Make secure, contactless payments with your Garmin wearable using your BankVic Visa card.
Available almost anywhere you can tap your card to pay. Leave your cash, cards and smartphone at home.
Fast access; make contactless payments with a few quick taps.
From the More page in the Garmin Connect Mobile app you can select Garmin Pay.
From the Garmin Pay page, you can click the 3 dots at the top right and select a Garmin device.
Follow the on-screen instructions which include creating a passcode and adding a card for payment.
Frequenty Asked Questions
What BankVic cards have digital wallet capability?
Prior to adding your BankVic Visa card into your Garmin Pay, you must make sure that your BankVic Visa card is enabled with a digital wallet. Here’s the list of BankVic cards with digital wallet capability:
- Everyday Visa debit card
- Silver Visa credit card
- Silver FHB Visa credit card
- Gold Visa credit card
- BankVic Qantas Visa credit card
- (Meals & Entertainment, Everyday Expenses Card)
Note for Salary Packaging cards, your cards will only accept transactions permitted for your card/s. Transaction restrictions extends to the digital wallet.
Can I see my transaction history within Garmin Pay?
The ability to see past transactions will be visible from within the Garmin Pay wallet. No transaction information will be visible on the watch.
Why am I unable to complete the verification process in my device?
To complete verification process, BankVic sends a one-time password to your BankVic registered mobile number. You need to call our Contact Centre in order to update your mobile number in our records.
Managing Your Garmin Pay Wallet
You can view detailed information about each of your payment cards, and you can activate, deactivate, or delete a card.
- From the More page in the Garmin Connect Mobile app, select Garmin Pay
- Select a payment card
- Select an option:
- To activate or suspend the card, use the Suspend Card toggle switch. When the card is suspended, you cannot use it to make purchases on your device.
- To delete the card, use the Trash Can icon. The card is completely deleted from your wallet. If you want to add this card to your wallet in the future, you must enter the card information again.
How do I add cards?
- Enter card details—You can manually enter your card info
- Accept terms and conditions—If your card is supported, you’ll be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions from the issuer.
- Verify your card — Once you accept the terms and conditions, you may be presented with a one-time identity verification requirement. You’ll be sent a passcode via email, SMS, web, or a customer service call that you’ll need to enter in your app. Once entered, your issuing bank will activate your card. Keep in mind, it may take up to 10 minutes before your card appears in your wallet.
Changing Your Garmin Pay Passcode
You must know your current passcode to change it. Your passcode cannot be recovered. If you forget your passcode, you must delete your wallet, create a new one, and re-enter your card information.
You can change the passcode required to access your Garmin Pay wallet on your device.
- From the Device page in the Garmin Connect Mobile app, select a device
- Select Garmin Pay > Change Passcode
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
The next time you pay using your device, you must enter the new passcode
What conditions force the user to enter a pin?
Passcode entry is required when the wallet or wallet settings are accessed, in the following conditions:
- Once if the watch has been removed and put back on wrist
- Once every 24 hours, even if the watch remains on wrist
- Each time if the watch is off wrist or if the optical heart rate is off
I’m locked out of my wallet. What do I do?
If you enter your passcode incorrectly 3 times, you’ll be locked out of your wallet on the device and asked to set another passcode. However, you will have 3 additional attempts to unlock from the app on your phone. You’ll need to remember your original passcode in order to set the new one.
I’m getting an error when making a payment at the store. What should I do?
- If your device acts like the transaction worked (e.g. the “success checkmark” appears on the watch face), ask the cashier for help. Garmin Pay sent the payment info, but the merchant’s terminal had a problem accepting it. You may need to try again, or it may be that the merchant’s terminal is not functioning properly or not setup to receive contactless payments.
- If the merchant’s terminal asks for chip & PIN card it means that the merchant requires the card for all chip & PIN purchases. You’ll need to use your physical card.
- If the terminal asks to present only one card, you should try again with your device’s NFC antenna closer to the terminal.
- If your transactions still won’t go through or your card is declined, you’ll need to contact your bank for help.
What if my watch is lost or stolen?
- Call us immediately
If your watch is lost or stolen, you can Suspend or Delete your card from Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone. These options are available on the Garmin Pay main menu and can be selected without the watch being connected. Reference Managing your Garmin Wallet for instructions.
- You can also Remove your card from Garmin Pay.
- Contact BankVic or lock your card thru the Card Management Tool within the BankVic App.
How do I get my Garmin Pay ID?
1) You must have a wallet already setup.
- iOS - Open Garmin Pay from more menu -> Long tap on the Card image (roughly 10 seconds)
- Android Settings -> App Diagnostics -> Garmin Pay
2) A pop up message should appear with Garmin Pay ID which can be copied and sent via email.
Click on link below to view the Digital Wallet Terms & Conditions.