BankVic announces appointment of new board Director, Rhyll Gardner, and retirement of Steven Coulson after 9 years tenure.
The Chair of BankVic, Lucinda Nolan, today announced the appointment of Rhyll Gardner as a Director on BankVic’s Board, with effect from 15 November 2022.
Rhyll is an experienced non-executive director with senior executive experience in banking and finance with large Australian banks including St. George, Westpac, BOQ and Suncorp. She also has 15 years of board and committee experience across finance, education, and professional services.
BankVic’s Chair, Lucinda Nolan, is delighted with the appointment.
“Rhyll will bring considerable value and key insights to the Board that will not only strengthen governance, risk and strategy but will help guide the next exciting phase of BankVic’s journey. I am looking forward to the addition of Rhyll’s deep understanding of finance and lending, as well as her presence as an energetic and motivated leader,” said Nolan.
Rhyll’s appointment comes after the retirement of Steven Coulson from the BankVic Board as of 15 November 2022, after 9 years as Director (the maximum tenure for a BankVic Director).
Since his election to the Board in 2013, Steven Coulson has been part of significant developments at BankVic, including:
- an increase to its membership base - from 94,873 members in 2013, to 119,015 members (as at 1 July 2022)
- an increase in assets from $1.183 billion in 2013 to $2.8 billion (as at 1 July 2022)
- the introduction of the BankVic Mobile App and Digital Wallet
- the achievement of BCorp status for BankVic,
- the publication of the inaugural Annual Review, as a complement to the Annual Report in 2022, and,
- a current member satisfaction score of 89%.
Lucinda Nolan, Chair, said:
“On behalf of everyone at BankVic, I would like to thank Steven for his considerable contribution to BankVic during his 9 years as a Director. Steven has played an integral role in BankVic’s growth and success over this time and we thank him for his service and dedication to the BankVic team”.